Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Recipes for My Menus in the Previous Post

Hopefully, you read my last post about my menu planning.  I have finished finding initial recipes for the entrees I compiled. 

Poultry:
Grilled chicken quarters
Crockpot chicken tacos
Crockpot chicken thighs
Freezer chicken parmesan
Crockpot chicken and dumplings

Beef:
Meatloaf
Ground beef tacos
Salisbury steaks
Burgers
Sloppy joes

Seafood:
Fish tacos
Parmesan tilapia
Lemon pepper white fish
Fish sandwiches
Dill salmon

Pasta:
Spaghetti
Soup and sandwich (best quick soup for the money)
Mixed vegetable pasta bake
Crockpot lasagna
Soup and salad

Pork:
Crockpot pork chops
Smoked sausage (my new favorite, recipes on website)
BLT wraps
Ham and cheese sliders
Gyros

Vegetarian:
Tomato pie
Stromboli
Baked potatoes
Cheese enchiladas
Quesadillas

Beans:
Crunchy black bean tacos
Turkey chili
Black bean burgers
Charro beans
Red beans and rice


I know these are not all the healthiest.  Where possible, I substitute better ingredients.  Some of these are just plain good because they are "comfort" foods.  Like I mentioned in the last blog, I choose sides based on what I get in my Bountiful Basket, what I have on hand in the freezer and pantry, and I almost always have the fixins' for salad.

If you are strapped for time and ideas, I hope that these help you out, too.  Check back for new ideas and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment